Nocturne Were Naoki (Demi-Fiend) and Yuko-sensei were attracted to each other?

Discussion in 'Shin Megami Tensei Series' started by ArizonaPasha, Apr 21, 2016.

Do you think so?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. ArizonaPasha

ArizonaPasha Member

Random thought I had as far back as my first full Nocture playthough. Maybe I just read it the wrong way, but I felt like the protagonist and his teacher, Yuko Takao, had some kind of attraction between them.

Did anyone else feel like that playing through? Am I just massively misinterpreting their relationship or is there something to this idea?

2. Avatar

Advertisement Supporting Megami Fuse

This is an advertisement. It helps keep the lights on here at Megami Fuse.
    "Every day's great at your Junes!"

3. Carryduffp

Carryduffp Moderator Team Member

Are you asking if Yuko was your waifu in Nocturne?

Bold move

4. ArizonaPasha

ArizonaPasha Member

Cute, but no I'm being dead serious. I never really feel like I'm "role playing" as a character in a game, I always see them as their own entity that I'm along for the ride.

5. Carryduffp

Carryduffp Moderator Team Member

I wouldn't say they were attracted to each other, but Yuko definitely had a connection with Demi-Fiend. Would explain why she bothered to 'save' him and the other two students at the start of the game. Most likely became closer to him when she stopped Hikawa from killing him, and she said she'd support him afterwards.

In the vortex world it was Demi-Fiend who freed her after defeating the Moriae sisters, strengthening their connection. Considering he didn't go to shit like Isamu and Chiaki, Yuko felt that she could trust Demi-Fiend to carry out the work she was too weak for.

It's clear she found what Demi-Fiend had done to be inspiring, and she was grateful that he was stronger than she had imagined. I think she says as much during the neutral route.

Point being, I don't think they were attracted to each other, they were just close to each other and grew closer throughout the game.

ArizonaPasha likes this.
  6. Fulmenel

Fulmenel Guest

Dunno if DF was attracted to her, but I wanted to slap her ass cheeks really bad.

7. JarinJove

JarinJove Member