Nocturne *SPOILERS* Which ending did you first go for in Nocturne?

Discussion in 'Shin Megami Tensei Series' started by Carryduffp, Mar 11, 2015.

Which ending did you first go for?

1. Shijima

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Musubi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yosuga

14.3%
  4. Neutral (Freedom)

14.3%
  5. Demon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. True Demon

71.4%
  1. Carryduffp

Carryduffp Moderator Team Member

The title pretty much says it all, this is what you first went for. Not what you have finally settled to go for after watching all the endings. When you first played as Demi-Fiend, which one seemed most appealing to you, the one you agreed with the most, or the one you accidentally got yourself locked into?

Shijima - Hikawa/Ahriman
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Musubi - Isamu/Noah
    [​IMG]

Yosuga - Chiaki/Baal Avatar
    [​IMG][​IMG]

True Demon
    [​IMG]

Neutral - Yuko (meh, why not? Considering she couldn't find her own reason and rethinks her views it seems to fit her).
    [​IMG]

Demon - not worthy of a pic.

Clicheanimehero likes this.
  2. Avatar

Advertisement Supporting Megami Fuse

This is an advertisement. It helps keep the lights on here at Megami Fuse.
    "Every day's great at your Junes!"

3. KroganCharr

KroganCharr Member

My heart has been seduced by the lust for power and knowledge. I did not intend to side with the Fallen Angel, and the deeper I went into the Labyrinth of Amala, the clearer it became where this path would lead. Yet it just could not resist going on, pushing myself further into darkness. No matter the cost, I had to find the power, the answers that I knew would wait there. And since not even the greatest warrior of Light could stop me, my fate had been sealed.

I have come too far to turn back now. The Great Will can no longer have mercy for me, only doom. But I do not fear, for there is a powerful one who shares my fate, and he has many with him. All those who refuse to align their mind with the single path dictated by YHVH will be beside me, as will the power of Chaos itself.

Together, we march.

Carryduffp and MasterOfTartarus like this.
  4. ArizonaPasha

ArizonaPasha Member

Freedom, because deep down Naoki's love for Sensei-chan is too strong.

Carryduffp likes this.
  5. TDE, first time, second time, every time

Carryduffp likes this.
  6. Carryduffp

Carryduffp Moderator Team Member

That's sort of how I felt (you obviously dramatized it haha). I feel like I would go with the neutral ending because I prefer it to all of the reasons. Our world today has a lot of problems but compared to the other worlds you could choose from, I don't think our world is anywhere near as bad. I went with True Demon Ending though because it gave you a lot of answers to a lot of questions, as well as a lot of background information.

I liked the difference of heart/soul between the neutral and TD endings. Neutral, the Demi-Fiend still fights to maintain his human heart, in TD he embraces his demon side instead. It just gave you something to consider about Demi-Fiend's character, your own interpretation of how far he has turned his back on humanity as a result of the conception. Lucifer isn't even bothered if you chose to maintain your humanity instead of embracing the power he gave you.

Kagutuschi 'dead' looked epic though.

Clicheanimehero and KroganCharr like this.
  7. Fulmenel

Fulmenel Guest

I went for TDE because screw Reasons and screw humans in Vortex World + Labyrinth of Amala is awesome + Lucifer is the best guy ever + Demi-Fiend becomes the strongest protagonist in the series + Dat badass ending.

MasterOfTartarus and Carryduffp like this.
  8. Androu1

Androu1 Member

I went with TDE. Mostly because going down that ending requires that you do the awesome Amala Dungeon and I was already playing on Hard so I welcomed that challenge. Besides, I don't like either reason. In all the SMT games I've played, I find both reasons to be heavily flawed extremists. I would have gone with the neutral ending had it not been for TDE being more interesting.

Theyallblow likes this.
  9. KroganCharr

KroganCharr Member

Yes, the reasons suck.

Shijima completely voids individuality. I have no interest in being absorbed into a gloryfied mass of goo, probably not even free enough to end my own existence.
    Musubi would be fun for a while, but at some point I'd become seriously depressed because of being all alone.
    Yosuga is a world where social darwinism rules, so I probably won't be able to think freely there either. Humans will lose their capacity for humanitarian values, otherwise society would eventually reform. For the chaos to last, humanity must be turned into mindless beasts.

10. [QUOTE="KroganCharr, post: 7201, member: 35"
    Yosuga is a world where social darwinism rules, so I probably won't be able to think freely there either. Humans will lose their capacity for humanitarian values, otherwise society would eventually reform. For the chaos to last, humanity must be turned into mindless beasts.[/QUOTE]

thatĀ“s a big problem i hd with Chaos in SJ and SMT4, they feel more like Yosuga