Persona 3 Persona 3 FES vs Persona 3 Portable

Discussion in 'Spin-offs & Old School Persona' started by Cemmos, Jan 16, 2015.

Which version do you prefer?

1. FES

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. P3P

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I'm indifferent, bruh

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Cemmos

Cemmos Administrator Team Member

This tends to be a common topic that's discussed. Many people ask which version they should play, or simply wonder which version is considered "better." What's your preference, if you've played the two games?

I think I'd go with FES. While The Answer wasn't the best content ever, it did add a considerable amount of extra gameplay -- if you like the dungeon crawling aspect of Persona games. P3P's female protagonist is pretty cool, but I don't enjoy the visual novel aspect quite as much as the traditional version.

2. Avatar

Advertisement Supporting Megami Fuse

This is an advertisement. It helps keep the lights on here at Megami Fuse.
    "Every day's great at your Junes!"

3. TheTomSmith

TheTomSmith Member

Despite various improvements P3P had over P3:FES, I still like the former more. Maybe the extra bit of story in The Answer helps, or being able to use multiple weapons. I dunno.

Cemmos likes this.
  4. Ridge

Ridge Member

I find the Persona games work really well on the go. So I have to say P3P for that reason alone.

5. razelia

razelia Member

I find it hard to pick just one, but if I had to choose, it'd probably be P3P. I love FES mainly for the Answer, but I love P3P mainly for the female route. The female route provided a fresh perspective to the game, despite being practically the same as the regular route. I don't know, maybe I'm being biased 'cause I'm a girl?

6. Grey

Grey Member

P3P. The improvements in that game trump the steps backward they had to take in order to make the game fit on the PSP disc. Animated cutscenes? They honestly didn't look too great in the original. The Answer? Kind of boring unless you don't mind grinding for levels a lot. The only thing I like more in FES is the battle system.

7. Yosuke

Yosuke Member

I'm going with P3P. The female route was refreshing and I could play it on-the-go which is really nice in my opinion.

8. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Member

I think it's just me and my love of portable games, but I do believe at least on a personal level that a game I can carry with me anywhere usually appeals to me more than a game that I have to wait to play since I'm always on the move to someplace or other where I don't have access to a television.

9. Pug-ster

Pug-ster Member

I don't have a solid choice on this. I honestly think that it depends on the person who's going to play the game and while game-wise I enjoyed and liked P3P better and would definitely recommend it to people readily over P3:FES. I would also have to take into account whether this person would like to know more about the game, or just wants to play one game for completion.

The Answer was definitely worth a playthrough, but I found it a little boring in terms of all the running around and slow progression through the story-line. The fact that you can change weapons in P3P was also a good game factor. So yes, conflict exists here. Do you want the continuation of the story? or do you want the gameplay and some side dish features?

10. Jakkufurosuto

Jakkufurosuto Member

P3P, overall better gameplay
    The Answer isn't worth it, better to just look it up on youtube and spare the trouble

11. ProNine

ProNine Member

I prefered the P3P as I did not like the open world that much. The graphic novels feature was more interesting and gorgeous to me. However, that is my personal opinion.