Shin Megami Tensei if... translation project

Discussion in 'Shin Megami Tensei Series' started by Aladar, Jan 17, 2015.
  1. Aladar

Aladar Member

Thought I may as well throw it here, in case anyone doesn't know:

SMT: If..., which to my knowledge is currently only playable in English to people who own iOS devices, is being actively translated and seems to be almost nearing completion. The last update was on October, but the group doesn't really update too often, and it IS being worked on. Current status is at 80%, with only some hacking being left to do.

Check it out here:
    http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=smtif

ArizonaPasha likes this.
  2. Avatar

Advertisement Supporting Megami Fuse

This is an advertisement. It helps keep the lights on here at Megami Fuse.
    "Every day's great at your Junes!"

3. ArizonaPasha

ArizonaPasha Member

I remember someone on Gamefaqs saying that If... was basically Persona 0 (or something along the lines of they could release it as such). I'm definitely interested in trying to get some SNES emulators on this computer (I've only done a GBA and NES one before on another one) to try the old games (I mean if they aren't going to release it here on any consoles I own, well it's not like they are losing money).

4. Shimus

Shimus Member

That game looks down my alley after a retranslation and how he explained it on the site. Rather than alignment based pathways, I do enjoy having something determined on who is in my party, and the fact that this is a deal with the devil essentially, dragging them all down..

It seems well thought out at the very least.

5. robertnick

robertnick Member

I'm guessing the translation strings are a bit complicated, and while it is quite a bit of content to be translated, I'm sure they'll finish it soon.

6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

Has there been any progress on this project? I don't want to sound like I'm rushing them, but I just would like to know if the project is still ongoing or not.

7. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Member

I've been waiting for years for a translation of SMT:if and I definitely don't want to play it on iOS. Sorry, but I'm no fan of touchscreens and would like to see Atlus release it on a handheld or as a downloadable for consoles. Since that is unlikely to happen, I'm glad that there is a group involved in translating it. Thanks for the tip-off, I will make sure to check it out later.

8. SMTxPersona

SMTxPersona Member

That was probably me that said that. LOL

IF... definitely paved the way for Persona 1 with its Guardian system.