Favorite Game Soundtracks

Discussion in 'Melting Pot' started by Enigma, May 13, 2017.
  1. Enigma

Enigma Moderator Team Member

Some games are memorable for their protagonist, some for their villain, or maybe they just have stellar combat. For me one of the main things is music, a game with a good soundtrack is just taking two of my favorite hobbies and mashing them together to create truly beautiful memories that aren't easily forgotten.

What game have you played that had an OST(Original Soundtrack) that stuck out to you? I'm gonna name a top three but feel free to list as many you like.

1. Saga Frontier 2 - PlayStation (1999)

Playing this game as a kid, I was blown away by the unique combat, beautiful artwork, and characters of course but the music is on the icing on the cake.

Many of the tracks are good are their own but givin the context they're played within game makes it all the more enjoyable. This is the situation with a lot of games but this song here is a prime example.

Alone it might seem to be a bit hectic of a piece, but play the game and when you hear this track come on. You know it's going down.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time -Nintendo 64 (1998)

Atmosphere is everything with this game. Every song put you into a place that gave emotions ranging from peace with nature to "How do I get out of this temple?" Drawing upon various influences of different cultures, the people behind the music here really helped craft a certified classic gaming experience that would be hard to top for years to come.

3.Sonic Adventure 2 - Sega Dreamcast (2001-2002)

What you see is what you get, I'm just a guy who loves adventure...
    This game has an OST that pretty much covered all its bases. You want Rock n Roll? You got it, you want hip hop? You got that too. You want a love ballad? Toss that in there too. With 6 playable characters, you see quite the variety of genres while playing and it keeps you guessing "I wonder what this character's levels will be playing" and makes you want to stay in a stage just to hear the songs replay until time runs out.

(Knuckles gets the hip hop tracks, even though his levels were among my least favorite, the music alone makes up for it. Haha.)

I surely can't be the only one that enjoys a good song while playing their games, so who else got some?

2. Avatar

Advertisement Supporting Megami Fuse

This is an advertisement. It helps keep the lights on here at Megami Fuse.
    "Every day's great at your Junes!"

3. SashaBraus

SashaBraus Moderator Team Member

Sonic 06....awful game, alright soundtrack

4. Enigma

Enigma Moderator Team Member

I haven't really played a Sonic game since Sonic Heroes. I just keep hearing all this talk about how bad they were. It's really unfortunate what's happened to such a classic series.