Strange Journey Deep Strange Journey

1. Clicheanimelolicop

Clicheanimelolicop Moderator Team Member

Who here is looking forward to DSJ?

Cemmos likes this.
  2. Avatar

Advertisement Supporting Megami Fuse

This is an advertisement. It helps keep the lights on here at Megami Fuse.
    "Every day's great at your Junes!"

3. Cemmos

Cemmos Administrator Team Member

Yessir! Should be great. I hardly remember the original, to be honest. Should feel like a fresh experience in every aspect.

Clicheanimedragon likes this.
  4. Clicheanimelolicop

I never played the original so it will be a fresh experience

5. Fool

Fool Member

Heck yeah. Voiced Mastema and the very best Louisa Ferre

6. Clicheanimelolicop

I wonder how much people already hate the new girl without knowing a thing about her and the fact Kaneko is gone

Fool likes this.
  7. Fool

Fool Member

All we know is that her name is Alex and she's out for protag's blood. But I think people are more unsettled by her design. It contrasts a lot to the style of the game and she uses a standard COMP instead of a Demonica. So her appearing out of place is intentional and very suspicious.

I miss Kaneko lot as well but I also feel bad for Doi. From what I read it sounds like he only did the illustrations for Alex, Buff bird, and the other new demons. So he's being blamed for how the main casts looks when it's not even his doing.

8. Clicheanimelolicop

Anything to hate on Doi, I never really liked Kanekos human design anyway, cause...well they don't look human, but anyway I can understand Alex looking to anime

Fool likes this.
  9. Fool

Fool Member

Yea, I get where you are coming from. Art is subjective after all. Kaneko's style often is not as expressive compared to the other artists. It's much more stark instead of fluid so the human characters sometimes can feel inorganic in a way. I'm still gonna miss those iconic eyelashes tho.

10. Moranite

Moranite Member

Personally, I've always liked Doi's art just fine.

I'm really looking forward to the game. It's been years since I've played Strange Journey and I never finished my Chaos or Neutral runs of the game (I went Law the first time I played it, thinking the angels might be alright. Big mistake) so now I'll do that in the new game.

Alex herself also interests me.