Shin Megami Tensei V A theory about the Shin Megami Tensei V main characters

1. This was going in the Shin Megami Tensei Series subforum, but I couldn't put it there due to the lack of a Shin Megami Tensei V prefix, so this is the next best place I can think of.

I don't know if anyone else here has seen it, but I've noticed that, at least from behind, the two main characters seen in the Shin Megami Tensei V reveal trailer look fairly similar (though with plenty of differences) to Nakajima and Yumiko. In case you're not aware, these two were the protagonists of the original Digital Devil Story novels and Megami Tensei video game for the NES. They are reincarnations of the gods Izanagi and Izanami, respectively; Yumiko in particular has the entire franchise named in her honor, being the original "Reincarnation of the Goddess".
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What I'm wondering is if the two main characters in SMT5 are based on Nakajima and Yumiko, though more likely than not they'll have different names if this is the case.

Of course, this whole resemblance thing is likely just a coincidence, seeing as Atlus seems to like pretending Megami Tensei I + II don't exist, but I thought it would be a cool idea nonetheless.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Cemmos likes this.
  2. Avatar

Advertisement Supporting Megami Fuse

This is an advertisement. It helps keep the lights on here at Megami Fuse.
    "Every day's great at your Junes!"

3. Moranite

Moranite Member

I can totally see it. The resemblance is probably intentional. Personally, I'm hoping we see even more references to the first two Megami Tensei games, unlikely as it may be.
    "inb4 SMTV MC loses his arm"

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  4. ZingaMaeCarg

ZingaMaeCarg Member

I thought the same when I saw the trailer. The Yumiko resemblance particularly.

5. Cemmos

Cemmos Administrator Team Member

Just added the prefix tonight! Thanks for the heads up, I should have done it a while ago.

6. i dunno to early for any speculations, though do any of you guys know a deity that has something to do with petals?
    maybe he has something to do with Vishnu, he is atleast holding a pink Lotus.