Persona 5 was not the only game ATLUS had on display at E3, SMT IV also got itself an E3 trailer.
The story of Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse is one of human pawns being shuffled across a chessboard by the higher deities. One lone Hunter, the game’s protagonist, meets an early demise and through a pact with a lesser god, is brought back to life in exchange for his pledge of servitude. From there, the protagonist allies with other Hunters in the ruins of post-apocalyptic Tokyo beginning a plot that crosses over with the events of the original Shin Megami Tensei IV.
- The Eternal Struggle Between Gods – The Shin Megami Tensei series, known for exploring the tenuous symbiosis between man and deity , reaches deeper than ever in Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, as the band of main characters must decide which side of peace or anarchy they are on.
- Partner Up for Success – A new twist on the SMTIV combat formula allows players to bring one of seven partners to battle (in addition to the standard three demons), each with their own unique skills and AI. Plus, partners will fill up a meter that will interrupt the enemy, do massive damage, and give players an extra turn. Given the excruciating difficulty of battles in Shin Megami Tensei, the partner system will allow for new player strategies.
- Demons Aplenty – Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse has a series record 450+ demons to fight, fuse, or recruit to player parties. With demons from a wide selection of cultures and religions to choose from, players will be able to customize their party to their liking.
- Fuse For Affinities – Demon fusion, combining two or more demons to form a more powerful one, is one of the cornerstones of Shin Megami Tensei games, and now demons will have affinities for certain skills, giving players more decisions to make about which skills fusions will inherit.
- Press Turns and Smirking – The Press Turn system returns, which gives players (or enemies!) extra turns for exploiting weaknesses. The Smirk system returns as well, which gives huge offensive and defensive boosts to party members (or enemies) and now unlocks bonuses for certain skills, such as insta-kill attacks.
Fight back, don’t just be a pawn, don’t forget you can Pre-Order to be a Retail Hero. What do you think about this, share your thoughts below.
Where is the release date? .-.
If only they get rid of that stupid smirk mechanic…Well, maybe when it's cheap at my place I'll pick it up…In a year 20XX haha.
No release date yet :/
Summer 2016 :^)
They have the 'fuck' Europe mindset as well
Well, maybe when it's cheap at my place I'll pick it up…In a year 20XX haha.
Smirk is completely different in Apocalypse. No more high dodge rate bs.
The release date will be announced next week according to John Hardin.